11.23.2006

Happy Sir Eats-a-lot Day!

First of all, Happy Day of Turkeyness! Or Tofurkeyness if that's your kind of thing.

Second of all, I feel I must record the first of my victories as a YA associate. (Oops! I gave away the ending of my story-in-progress.) The first week I started I though that I should probably take initiative and try to immediately validate my presence on the staff. I emailed the local cinema (which shows all of two movies) and asked for two free passes a month that we could give away at various programs and for contests. Weeks passed and I heard nothing. I called once during that time, but was told he would call me back. It didn't happen. So I began to feel that my fresh eagerness had all been for naught. Then, last week I got a call back from the manager of the theatre. He was more than willing to help out and said my message had just ended up at the bottom of his inbox.

So joy! Now we have two passes a month to give away to bored teenagers. I'm thinking if we use them at programs that don't have as high of appeal as door prizes it might boost attendance. Maybe. I'll keep you posted.